To balance a large and complex project SMRT Consulting uses BIM modelling and coordination to fantastic results.
- Construction of a new $45 million apartment building on the grounds of Auckland’s Summerset at Heritage Park retirement village was a large scale project. The new building was to comprise 75 accommodation units and underground parking, and Summerset requested SMRT’s support to unify and manage the services and structural modelling information related to the build.
- BIM was used to manage an easy to understand federated model that coordinated the architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and structural models involved in the build.
- Creation of a standardised and federated model available to all involved in design and construction of the project.
- The federated model helped to identify clashes between the various services and structural models created for the build. This saved time and money by identifying issues early in the process, before the build began.
Key skills on the project
- BIM modeling and coordination